We have been on a lifelong search for the very best banana bread recipe. We eat a lot of bananas in our house but sometimes they ripen too fast and so we also eat a lot of banana bread. The best banana bread has to be banana-y, sweet, spicy, nutty and moist. This recipe ticks all of those boxes. Here are a couple of tips and tricks to make the best banana bread:
- Let your eggs come to room temperature. This allows them to be whipped to perfection.
- Use a food processor to quickly and finely chop your nuts. We use walnuts but you could also use pecans if you like.
- Line your loaf pan with parchment paper prior to pouring your batter in. This allows for easy removal from the pan.
- 2 cups (255 g) all purpose flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 T ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups (255 g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 T sour cream
- 1 T vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, salt and walnuts. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer with whisk attachment, whisk sugar and eggs on medium speed until they are light, fluffy and an off white color. About 10 minutes.
- While waiting for the sugar and egg mixture to whip, mash bananas and add sour cream and vanilla extract.
- After 10 minutes, while still whisking, drizzle in vegetable oil.
- Reduce speed to low, carefully add the banana mixture.
- Remove mixing bowl from stand mixer and gently fold in flour mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 75-85 minutes. Time will be dependent on how large your bananas are. Be careful not to overbake.